Sunday, February 13, 2011

My inspiration.

So, I have an obsession that I am not ashamed of, but only those that know me fairly well know it about me.  I love nail polish.  I love to give pedicures to my friends and family and I love to paint them in beautiful colors.  I have known this about myself for a long time, but just recently have embraced it. 

I was over at my friend Heather's house and we were watching those tutorial make-up videos on youtube(very addictive).  That's the day I found TiffanyD, youtuber and make up artist extrordinare.  Her videos were so useful and her tips so helpful.  She also has a polish obsession and she introduced me to Zoya polish, and it was at that point that I just had to face the fact that at least $20 per paycheck would go to expanding my polish collection and that it was OK. 

My final inspiration was my girl Rachel.  She is chronicaling her nail adventures here on blogstop, and well, after reading her blog, I thought, heck, I can do this.  At the risk of sounding like I'm just ripping Miss Rachel off, I will make mine a personal blog of sorts that is a bit different from hers.  While I will pay respects, I want to compliment her, not copy her.  Love her!!  And I love that we have found something else we have in common that we can obsess over besides our Scottish actor friend;)

So, I will try and make this about life and color, nails and insights.  Thank you to Heather for making me want to tweek my make up habits, to TiffanyD for just being friggin' awesome, and to Rachel for just being her wonderful, colorful self. 

Here's to the power of OPI, Essie, Orly, Zoya and all the others wonderful creators of the beautiful colors that make me oh so very happy!  I hope you will enjoy this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment